A Church Wedding.
Here at Upper Derwent we welcome enquiries from couples looking to get married in one of our churches.
Getting married is one of the biggest decisions you’ll take in life. There are some things about marrying in church that make that big moment extra special:
– A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
– You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together.
– The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made personal, memorable, meaningful and beautiful.
– Church buildings not only offer outstanding beauty, but also centuries of history. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself by marrying in the same place as your relatives.
– You can be involved in making choices about your ceremony. You can even use an online ceremony planner to get you started. For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as ‘peaceful’, ‘serene’, or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
You do not need to have been christened and you do not need to be attending regularly to choose a church wedding. A complication might arise if one of you has been married before, or, if one of you is a foreign national, but there may still be a way forward. The Church of England’s weddings web site tells you more about this.
To find out more about connections that enable you to marry in a particular church, see the Church of England’s weddings web site for more details.
Revd Pat Wood on 01723 862227 or by emailing email@example.com.
Please be aware, although we have a Benefice Bellringers Group of local volunteers who practice and offer their time to ring at church events and general services. If you would like to have bells at your wedding, it is up to the couple to engage the individual bellringers directly.
As this work is undertaken separately to the church and ringers can come from miles around, please contact Mr Martin Tubbs, Yorkshire Association of Change Ringers, Scarborough & District for more information on 0742220527132.